Saturday, September 4, 2010

Magazine Clutch!

I really wanted to try and make some more clothes when I realized "wow, I'm broke". So buying  new fabric was out of question... and I'm in the midst of creating something right now, but it isn't going as planned. Lately, it's been frustrating me like crazy, so I decided to hold that off for a bit and start something else. I was google-ing stuff and came across this website teaching people how to make purses. I got all excited and then realized that they were advertising classes... However, the website was not all together useless. Sure I couldn't take the class, but I did see this interesting purse made out of candy wrappers. Thus I decided to try it out. The only problem was I didn't have any candy wrappers. Furthermore, I wasn't going to kill myself with candy just to try and make a purse. So I settled for magazine paper. I really like the clutch all together. It wasn't what I originally had in mind, but it turned out to be really cool. Sure it may not be perfect because the clutch doesn't close all the way (due to some measurement problems - hmm I should have really payed more attention in my math classes...). Nevertheless, I really like it and I didn't have to pay a dime for it. Tape was just lying around in my house (like most people do), magazines I got for free from ASR way back when, and the snap I just used from a purse that I initially thought was cute and now realized it's the most tacky piece of fabric I've ever seen. Anyways I'm rambling. So that's why I haven't been posting lately. I've been busy trying to create something to show you. O: I know, I'm so considerate. [;

No comments:

Post a Comment